FRONT DESK Multiple Choice Questions with Answers :-
1) At the front desk texting is allowed when:
A. Done Discreetly
B. In front of the customers face
C. Laughing at my phone
D. Showing the customer a funny youtube video
E. The customer is asking me a question
2) Facebook is allowed to an extent when:
A. I am playing words with friends
B. Laughing hysterically over Facebook chat
C. No customers are in line
D. Commenting away without a care in the world
3) What should I do during my shift?
A. Spend the entire shift on Facebook
B. Spend the entire shift texting
C. Spend the entire shift talking on my cell phone
D. Checking the ATG every 15-20min and making sure that calls have assignments (whether it is to myself or the appropriate tech / department)
4) I can use my cell phone to make calls when:
A. No full time staff members are around.
B. I want a Pizza
C. Never (only in an emergency)
5) Homework is allowed
A. While a customer is in front of me
B. While someone is talking to me
C. When no one is in line
6) If rooms are ready, early check-in may being at:
7) Guests that check out after _________ will be charged a late check out fee unless prior approval has been granted.
8) No Shows are processed after:
9) A group checking in is allowed to consume alcoholic beverages in the lobby.
10) A group is defined as:
A. 20 or more people
B. 10 or more people
C. 5 or more people
D. 3 or more people
11) After checking a guest in you will tell them the room number they are in.
12) DAR stands for:
A. Daily Accounts Receivable
B. Daily Accounting Record
C. Daily Activity Record
D. Daily Activity Report
13) When making keys for a group on individual pay we make the keys active for:
A. The whole stay
B. 24 hours
C. 48 hours
D. 72 hours
14) The correct way to request time off is:
A. Take the schedule to the supervisor and ask her to change it.
B. If the schedule is already out, swap with a co-worker.
C. Fill out a leave request/leave slip and wait for approval.
D. Don’t show up.
E. B and C are both correct
15) Any reservations that are not guaranteed with a credit card will be cancelled at:
E. After night audit
16) If you are going to be late to work or unable to work your shift who should you contact?
A. The training manager
B. Your Supervisor
C. The Director
D. The operations manager
E. The Director and your supervisor
17) The goal is the complete the check-in process within:
A. 1 minute
B. 3-5 minutes
C. 90 seconds
18) Guests that check in between 2400 and 0700 will be charged for the previous night’s stay.
19) What newspapers must be available at the front desk?
A. A local newspaper
B. The USA Today or New York Times
C. New York Times, and/or USA Today plus a local newspaper
20) What should be qualified during a reservation call?
A. Bed type
B. Method of payment
C. Number of guests
D. Room type
E. All of the above
21) For a group check-in or during peak check-in times, additional staff needs to be deployed to tag luggage which must then be delivered to the room within ___ minutes.
22) If you receive a call while at the front desk, what should you do?
A. Direct the call to the back office
B. Politely ask the guest in front of you to wait while you take the phone call
C. Answer the phone and place the caller on hold
23) If a guest calls and asks to be connected to a room number, you should…
A. Transfer the call, as they requested
B. Tell them, “Yes, it will be my pleasure to connect you to Mr. Smith’s room”
C. Ask the caller to verify the guest’s name
D. Tell them that you cannot transfer calls to rooms
E. Tell them, “Yes, it will be my pleasure to connect you”
24) If no bell person is present, what should you do?
A. Don’t mention anything to the guest about the bell person, we don’t want them to think that we are unprepared (Your Answer)
B. Hand all the registration materials and key packet to the guest, offer to call a bell person, and give them directions to their room
C. Hand all the registration materials and key packet to the guest and offer to call a bell person
25) When dealing with a difficult guest you should NOT…
A. Use empathic listening
B. Explain why they are wrong
C. Seek to first understand, then to be understood and reflect statements and feelings back to guest
D. Follow through with the resolution (the guest should not be passed off onto another employee)
E. Make a follow up call to guest to confirm that concerns expressed were resolved to the guest’s satisfaction
FRONT DESK Objective Type Questions pdf free download ::
26) Guests should not be placed on hold for more than ___ seconds.
27) The telephone must be answered within __ rings.
E. Before the answering machine starts
28) Which is a proper telephone greeting?
A. “Good afternoon. This is Susan, how may I assist you?”
B. “Thank you for calling Rum Cay, a RockResort. This is Susan. How may I assist you?”
C. “Good afternoon, thank you for calling Rum Cay, a RockResort. This is Susan. How may I assist you?”
D. “Good afternoon, thank you for calling Rum Cay, a RockResort. This is Susan. What is your name?”
29) Which of the following is NOT necessary when opening the interaction for check-out?
A. Open the interaction with eye contact, a smile, and greeting
B. Use a clear, pleasant, and energetic tone of voice
C. Make a discreet inquiry about the guest’s satisfaction with their stay
D. Use the hotel name in your greeting
30) Which is NOT an appropriate thing to say before transferring a call?
A. “Thank you, I’ll connect you”
B. “I will transfer you now.”
C. “My pleasure to connect you”
31) What must you do when offering newspapers to guests?
A. Tell them what time the newspaper is supposed to arrive
B. Offer the guest a choice of newspapers or the option of not receiving a daily newspaper
C. Offer the guests a choice of newspapers, any combination that they want
32) How many times must the guest’s surname be used during check-in?
33) When making a reservation, you should do all of the following, EXCEPT:
A. Qualify the dates
B. If dates are not available, provide alternative dates or alternative hotels
C. Qualify if caller is part of a group by asking what brings them to the area
D. When giving rate quotes, include a description of room types and amenities
E. Explain why they are receiving the rate you give them
34) When in the presence of guests…
A. Stand near your co-workers, so that you can communicate easily
B. Turn your back to guests if you are talking to a co-worker, so that they do not hear your conversation
C. Be located in visible sections or spread out to assist guests, rather than huddled together talking
35) What must NEVER be said verbally?
A. The guest’s name
B. The guest’s type of payment
C. Where the guest is from
D. The guest’s room number
36) What should you do if you have a guest that lost their room key?
A. Ask for the guest’s for name, home address or telephone number to confirm guest’s identity. Also, ask for a photo ID.
B. Ask the guest for the name on the room and the room number
C. Ask for the guest’s for name, home address or telephone number to confirm guest’s identity.
D. Ask the guest for the name on the room, the room number, and the room rate
37) The check-in must be completed within ____ minutes.
38) You need to summon additional staff members if there are more than ___ guests waiting in line/queue.
39) If you have a sign at the front desk, it should be:
A. Neatly handwritten and on thick paper
B. Professionally made
C. Neat, clear, and clean
40) If the guest room is not ready at the time of check-in, you should do all of the following, EXCEPT:
A. Provide the guest with alternatives such as spa or other activities if arrival is before guaranteed check-in time
B. Offer to book the guest a room at a hotel nearby
C. Offer an appropriate complimentary amenity such as complimentary drink in the bar or breakfast the following morning if room is not ready by guaranteed check-in time
D. Provide a sincere apology to guest
E. Determine the best options for guest based on empathic listening
41) For wake up calls, you must do all of the following, EXCEPT:
A. Use the guest’s surname
B. Repeat the exact time back to the guest
C. Make the wake up call personally at the exact time requested
D. Wait to hear a response from the guest
E. Use a pleasant parting remark
42) What are appropriate things to say to guests?
A. “Please”, “thank you” and “may I suggest”
B. “Please”, “thank you” and “hey, how are you?”
C. “Please”, “thank you” and “cool”
43) Guests should wait less than ___ minutes if they are waiting in line.